Will St. Augustine running back Leonard Fournette represent Louisiana as the No. 1 overall prospect in the Top247?
Can LSU go into New Orleans and land the nation's No. 1 RB for the 2014 class?
The New Orleans native is certainly making his charge, leading all Louisiana high school players in total points (130) this fall. Fournette, who cracked 1,000 yards, once again, has been responsible for 16 rushing touchdowns this year.
Can the five-star running back break the standard mold and finish at the top of the 2014 class?
The current top five prospects in the Top247 for the 2014 class are:
1. Da'Shawn Hand (Woodbridge, VA) - DE - 100 rating
2. Andrew Brown (Chesapeake, VA) - DT - 100 rating
3. Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, NJ) - CB - 99 rating
4. Cameron Robinson (Monroe, LA) - OT - 99 rating
5. Leonard Fournette (New Orleans, LA) - RB - 99 rating
For reference, the 2012 final top five prospects were DT Mario Edwards, WR Dorial Green-Beckham, S Landon Collins, ATH Arik Armstead and OT D.J. Humphries.
If Fournette finishes in the top five, he will be the first running back to crack the group in the Top247 since Oregon's DeAnthony Thomas was ranked as the No. 5 overall prospect in the 2011 class.