In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Your favorite recruit
2. The best recruit
3. Sleeper Recruit
4. Recruit with the most potential
This is for the guys in THIS class.. There's no right or wrong answers so keep it civil.. Just having some fun talking about our future Tigers..
--My favorite recruit is Jeryl Brazil because he was our first recruit, great kid and has helped recruit like Shep once did.
--Our best player in this class, in my opinion, is either Ethan Pocic or Gilmore.. I can't decide. Looking at our recruits to find the best recruit is really hard because it seems like all of our recruits this year seem pretty close in terms of talent, and there's a LOT of talent in this class.
--My sleeper is Lewis Neal. From the articles I've read about him the past few days, him looking good in the Shine bowl, with a 3*** rating? He's definitely my "sleeper" pick.
--My guy/s with the most potential is Desean Smith. After watching him on this playoff run.. I think the sky is the limit for this kid. It should be illegal for a TE to have hands like that.... This one was tough because I think Anthony Jennings and Rettig have a TON of potential, too.. Same with Boutte and Dodd.. Along with many other players.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Lesticals 19 months ago
Danielle Hunter, Jamario Rasco, Anthony FREAK Johnson.. DL wrecking crew of 2013.
1. My favorite recruit - Hayden Rettig (Followed the kids high school senior year watching games online-Great kid who loves LSU - big are and could be one of the true gems who we look back and say how did we get him out of Cali ...
2. The best recruit - Tre'Davious White (Uber athletic and will be another first round draft pick at corner)
3. Sleeper Recruit - Michael Patterson (Drastically underrated and seems to be a commit everyone forgets we have) Could have said Neal but we already talk about him enough to where we all realize hes vastly underrated
4. Recruit with the most potential - Frank Herron (Big, aggressive, former basketball player ... sound like anyone you know ??Sonic Sam maybe
ThePurpleHaze is a message board "Jackal"
- Mike Scarborough TB.com
1. D. Smith
2. T. White
3. L. Neal
4. H. Rettig
1. My favorite recruit is tough since I've dealt closely with nearly all of them but my pick would be Lewis Neal, DeSean Smith, Jeryl Brazil and John Diarse. They are all great kids off the field and I have the utmost respect for them. But, there isn't one guy in this class that I look at and say this guy thinks he is a prima donna and has been a pain in the butt to deal with. And each year there is usually one.
2. Best player in the class is another tough one but I go with Tre'Davious White. I think he will be an impact player and a great ambassador for LSU.
3. My sleeper is Lewis Neal and Michael Patterson is my most underrated along with Neal.
4. Most potential is a three-way tie between Ethan Pocic, Tre'Davious White and Jeryl Brazil, if Brazil is used properly on offense.
Great thread BTW
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Shea Dixon 19 months ago
1 Greg Gilmore is my favorite, because he always seemed honest and genuine in interviews throughout the recruiting process. He seems very mature as well and I respect him for making it a family decision. He was the top must have out of state recruit in a position of need. Can I please get back to you on questions 2 and 4 after Army and UA games? Leaning White for #2 and Brazil for question #4. Lewis Neal gets my vote for sleeper.
My thoughts exactly.
Can you share some past prima donner?
I honestly think Tre'Davious White might take favorite, best and potential for me. I like Diarse and Brazil for the favorite, too. Same with Logan Stokes. All four of those guys are really nice and always helpful. Like Sonny said, sometimes our favorites come down to the kids who are easiest to deal with over a couple of years span.
My sleeper has always been Michael Patterson, but I think Neal is starting to creep into the fold for me. Not sure if either are immediate impact guys, but they will get into the program and start building up their size. Both are great pass rushers and really solid athletes, especially Patterson.
"I guess you've just gotta find something you love to do and then... do it for the rest of your life." - Max Fisher
The reason I put Neal as my "sleeper" is because not many people outside of this board and maybe a few other LSU recruiting sites know how good Neal is. Other fans surely don't and neither do casual LSU fans
Tough questions ....
1. Josh Boutte
2. Tre White
3. Anthony Jennings as my sleeper. He might be a 4* but the love just isn't there for him compared to others.
4. Easily Frank Herron. 6'5 with that build and athleticism will be unstoppable.
2. Tre'Davious White/E. Pocic
3. Sleeper(s): Andy Dodd/ Michael Patterson/Lewis Neal
4. Anthony Jennings
Regards to All,
2. Diarse.White....Both guys are just winners and will make others better.Dont sell Diarse short he will dominate always has
3. Fanika,,,this guy is huge....gets mention as an afterthought but hes here now
4. Boutte....He gets some skill with that attitude watch out.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Medictiger 19 months ago
Favorite is Tredavious White. I just love the talent he has and the way he goes about his business to be the best he can be. Also love the way he has been LSU thru and thru all year. 2nd is Brazil for the obvious reasons
Our best recruit is White as well imo. Different than potential, though he also has plenty of that, because this kid is ready to play now and is that good. I know he's gotten lots of love from the sites as time has passed but I still think he's underrated. Looking at the lists it's hard for me to justify some of the kids ranked ahead of him. Imo he's a top 15-20 kid this year and in the conversation of the best CB in the class. What gets left out by the sites is that he could be a tremendous receiver as well. 2nd for me is Rettig. If not for his injury his rankings would mirror Rivals stance on him across the board. Kids legit
Sleeper is a little off the grid. Neal and Patterson are both guys that fit this spot perfectly but for me it's Ricky Jefferson. This kid really doesn't get the respect he deserves from scouts or even our fanbase. I think people have forgotten just how good this kid is. Don't know if it's the injurylast year or who his brother is but it seems that people forget that he was right in that discussion as the top player in the state when the cycle started.
Potential is a tossup between 3 kids Brazil, Patterson and Robinson. I go with Robinson. Kid is all potential at this point. Don't find many kids with his length, speed, athleticism and gritty style of play. He's a scouts wet dream(outside of the once ina lifetime guy like Patrick Peterson who we may never see another of again) as a CB. Brazil really could be special on offense if we figure out how to properly use him. I'm talking Percy Harvin/Tommie Fraizeresque once he gets the ball. That guy that just scares the hell out of opposing players, coaches and fans. Patterson is just so athletic for a guy his size. If he booms he'll be a star. I tend to believe he will and imo will end up as the best DL recruit in this class, not just DE but DL period. He makes Tim Williams expendable imo.
Agree on Robinson... I was surprised nobody mentioned him before. He has TREMENDOUS upside!
Proud to support everything Louisiana
1. Gilmore, Pocic, Rettig, and Robinson - I tend to always be a little more fond of the elite OOS guys that fall in love with LSU. It's like someone outside the monkey house recognizes how great I think this place is, IDK.
2. Gilmore - Explosive and a future NFL talent.
3. Patterson - Someone as athletic as he is has to be a key player on this team in some way. I love his film.
4. Robinson - He has 1st round talent, been beating my drum on him since last year. He will need a little molding, but watch out after he gets it.
"They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us....They can't get away this time." Chesty Puller
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports